Monday, December 22, 2003

RED ALERT! RED ALERT! Or, is it Orange alert? Yes, the spooky people who are running our country have raised the terror alert to Threat Level Orange. Oooooooooooh! Scary! Hopefully, the other 275 million people I live with in this great land of ours are as tired of this silly paranoia as I am. I still don't quite get the relevance of this Chicken Little warning system. What's the freakin' point?? I ignore these warnings because there is absolutely NOTHING I can do about it, nor can anyone else except those brave few who are chasing these bogeymen around the world.

Don't get me wrong, here. I'm all about slaying every last terrorist piece of garbage on this planet and smearing his or her slimy blood on a dirty floor. But, when I see some pretty-faced newscaster breaking into the middle of a football game I'm watching acting all super serious to warn me that terrorist "chatter" picked up by someone indicates an imminent threat to my country, I just can't take it seriously. I laugh and then I start to yell because I"m missing my game for absolutely no reason.

Here's what this silly alert system has brought to the United States since 2001: millions, tens of millions, of dollars for more "security" (i.e wasted money that could be spent on the thousands of decrepit schools around the country or perhaps giving some of this money to soldiers' families who have to rely on food stamps while their husbands, wives and children are fighting for freedom in some third world swamp), an extension of the paranoia that infected this country on 9/11, and a mockery of our basic intelligence. Of course, beefing up the police force in Los Angeles will prove too mighty to scare away some low-life militant who can't think for himself from blowing up some hotel. Am I the only one who doesn't get it?

If the US wants to really get rid of these terrorist threats, they'd drop a nuke on the pilgrimage to Mecca and on Iran, Afghanistan, Syria, Somalia and a few other "nations."

It's time to stop this silliness. I may be out of line here, but the Dept of Homeland Security has done little more than plunge us into deeper debt and a pit of paranoia. No matter what they do, they can never control the actions of everyone. Sooner or later, something will happen here. Sadly, until the psychopaths and sociopaths of the Muslim world are eliminated, this threat will always exist. Period. The DHS is nothing more than a "Cover Your Ass" maneuver by our super-smart leaders in Washington so no one can be sued or blamed when something does happen on our soil. (read: WTC victims filing lawsuits against just about everyone because the attacks were preventable).

Have a good holiday!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home